Responsibilities and Duties
Absolute is looking for Houdini FX Artists to join our vibrant and fun loving team. We are a tightly knit and effective studio who are passionate about creative work and the people that create it.
Working closely and creatively with our Head of CG, VFX supervisors, CG supervisors and Producers
Based in our Soho premises and remotely, we are looking for artists to create smoke, water, destruction fx, fire, clouds for both short form and Film and Episodic work.
- Produce advanced FX solutions for a wide variety of shots
- Find ingenious and innovative solutions to creative problems
- Proactively contribute to the creative look along with the supervisor team
- create tools and scripts to facilitate workflow
- Maintain best working practice within the pipeline
- Support and future junior artists
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent knowledge of Houdini and Arnold with some knowledge of Maya
- 5+ years experience in either VFX commercial's and/or Film and Episodic realms
- problem solving - not just being creative or technical but thinking laterally to find solutions to client problems and enhancing the visual output of our work.
- striving to continually improve systems and workflows
- organised and efficient, communicating progress effectively
- A good understanding of CG techniques and technologies
- Ability to pick up bespoke in-house tools
- Good communications skills and team working ability
We are creative and collaborative, diverse, innovative and flexible. We respect each other’s roles, communicate effectively, and encourage and develop those around us. A dog friendly and a fun place to work!
*Applicants must be UK based, have the right to work in the UK and open to working remote and on-site as part of our hybrid working.