Absolute is looking for a talented Pipeline TD. As a Pipeline TD, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the tools, software and workflows used in our facility.
The candidate must be highly technical and demonstrate an aptitude for creative problem solving. You will be regularly required to:
• Provide technical advice and support for artists
• Collaborate with HOD’s and Senior Management to develop new modules within the Absolute Pipeline.
• Maintain constant development and improvement of the Absolute Pipeline.
• Ensure requests for new tools are connected with company strategy
As well as being able to demonstrate technical skill and initiative, you will need to be an excellent communicator - your ability to accurately and succinctly communicate between technical developers and non-technical artists will help you thrive in this role.
You will also be expected to maintain both technical and user documentation.
• Previous experience in Visual Effects or related industry
• Excellent Python, Maya and Linux skills
• Solid understanding of the Visual Effects pipeline
• Experience in developing tools for DCC packages such as Maya, Houdini or Nuke
Proficient in python 2.x/3.x and/or C++.
Proficient with one or more software APIs: Maya, Houdini, Nuke, Arnold,
Renderman, Frame io, RV and Shotgun
Prior experience with revision control systems such as Git or SVN is preferred.
Must have a mature approach to software design and implementation.
Strong understanding of production processes for film and television is preferable.
Must be able to work collaboratively with other developers, in a co-ordinated manner, on the
same product. A successful candidate will work transparently, not opaquely.
Experience with implementing or working directly with databases (Postgres, MySQL) would be
Experience with Visual Effects Asset Management System design or development is a plus.
Experience with PyQt or PySide would be helpful.
Must be able to communicate eloquently and effectively with non-technical stakeholders.
A degree in computer science, math or engineering is strongly preferred.
*This role is currently open to applicants working fully remote.