Reporting into and working closely with the Chief Engineer and Senior Engineer, the Junior Engineer will provide user support, assist in the deployment, configuration and administration of software and hardware and troubleshoot issues where they may arise. The Junior Engineer will work as part of a team but should also be able to operate on their own initiative. The business can be dynamic and fast-paced and the ideal candidate would be versatile, a clear communicator and capable of effectively prioritising an evolving workload.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Provide first line technical support to users, both on-site and remotely
• Administer services such as email, telephony, user accounts, etc.
• Configure, deploy and maintain user-facing hardware and software
• Assist in the configuration, deployment and maintenance of infrastructure
• Assist in scripting and automation of processes
• Maintain clear, written documentation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technology-related field and/or experience working in a technical support role
• Good understanding of computers, mobile phones and other tech products
• Demonstrable experience of programming or scripting of any kind
• Experience with Linux is a plus
• Clear and effective written and verbal communication
• Some familiarity with industry-standard software packages such as Autodesk Maya, Foundry Nuke and Autodesk Flame would be a bonus.